Creative Arts in Health & Healing Guiding Principles
The following CREARTH Creative Arts in Health & Healing Guiding Principles apply to individual and group in-person, video, phone, and messaging sessions, as well as to our workshops.
CREARTH Creative Arts in Health & Healing Guiding Principles:
- Boundaries are always respected–your boundaries as well as the facilitator’s;
- Learning is a mutual experience: we learn from each other;
- The time we share together is grounded in compassion, love, and honesty;
- Judgments are not made;
- Together, we create a safe space to create artwork and share;
- Opportunities will be provided to share your journey through music and soundscapes, journaling, expressive writing, body-mind-spirit, visual arts, language arts, movement, culinary arts, eco-arts—-with consideration to your preferred creative arts area(s);
- Sometimes, as part of the CREARTH Creative Arts in Health & Healing experience, you may feel encouraged, even gently challenged, to take a risk or to try new things—but you will never be pushed. You and your truth will always be respected. We believe in your strength and we support your self-empowerment;
- Participating in CREARTH Creative Arts in Health & Healing sessions and/or workshops can sometimes involve stepping outside of one’s comfort zone. Together, we will do everything we can to make the creative arts experience emotionally and physically safe for you, up to and including referrals to licensed support professionals should your facilitator feel this is needed;
- Your facilitator will not abandon you or the group, and will continue to support you throughout the time you share together in sessions and/or workshops;
- The CREARTH Creative Arts in Health & Healing individual and group sessions, and our workshops, are creative arts experientals. They are non-clinical and are not therapy.
Please – do not share confidential or personal information in any communication or message you may leave.
Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care responds to mail, emails, voicemail messages as quickly as possible, typically within two to three business days.
CAVEAT: Although R.P. O’Brien has received her Intermodal Creative Arts Facilitator (ICAF) certification from CELA – The Center for Expressive Living & Creative Arts in 2011, and although the expressive and creative arts work done through Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care (CREARTH) non-clinical services and supports can be healing and transformative, these non-clinical supports and services are not offered or provided as therapy of any kind nor as expressive or creative arts therapy.
All Original Material and Artwork: © 2013-2020 R.P. O’Brien and Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to R.P. O’Brien and Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
CREARTH Creative Arts in Health & Healing Guiding Principles are based upon Natalie Roger’s groups credo.