Psychotherapy | Creative Arts Therapy Rates
CREARTH offers several options for accessing services as reasonable accommodations in order to best meet the needs of our clients. We understand that reasonable accommodations may change for a client from month-to-month, or even week-to-week, depending upon medical and personal needs and the severity of symptoms. Therapy sessions are provided by email, telephone, video conferencing, face-to-face, and in combinations.
CREARTH offers need-based reduced rates including sliding fee scales, scholarships, and limited availability pro bono (no charge) sessions. Please contact us to discuss our individualized payment options.
Individual sessions can be by email, virtual conferencing, telephone, face-to-face, or in combinations.
All initial individual sessions are scheduled for 90 minutes and must be conducted via telephone, virtual conferencing, or face-to-face. Subsequent sessions can be scheduled for 60 or 90 minutes. The initial 90-minute session is billed at the 60-minute rate.
Face-to-Face, Telephone, Video Conferencing Rates
- $120 for one 60-minute individual session
- $150 for one 90-minute individual session
Please contact CREARTH for information about group sessions and group session rates
All initial individual sessions are scheduled for 90 minutes and must be conducted via telephone, video conferencing, or face-to-face. Email sessions can be scheduled following the initial session. The initial 90-minute session is billed at the 60-minute rate.
Email sessions are NOT for emergency situations.
CREARTH does not provide crisis and/or emergency services.
- One email exchange is: one email generated by the client that is sent to the counselor and one counselor response to that email sent to the client.
- One “week” is: a series of 5 consecutive business days. CREARTH is typically not open Sundays and Mondays and does not schedule appointments these days, unless by special arrangement between client and counselor.
- Synchronous means: the client and therapist are emailing and responding at the same time of day on the same day.
- Non-synchronous means: the client and therapist are not emailing and responding at the same time of day on the same day.
Synchronous Email Sessions
Email sessions that are synchronous are timed in the same way that in-person sessions are timed.
- $120 for one 60-minute session (synchronous)
- $150 for one 90-minute session (synchronous)
Non-Synchronous Email Sessions
Non-Synchronous email sessions are billed according to the total number of email exchanges.
Clients who wish to have non-synchronous email sessions can choose to pay in advance or to pay at the time of service for a specific number of email exchanges. (One email exchange is 1 email generated by the client and the therapist response to that email.)
Non-synchronous email sessions can be ordered one at a time or in Bundles. Sessions purchased as Bundles can be carried over for up to 6 months.
- One Email Exchange – $30
- Bundle A – $120 (5 email exchanges)
- Bundle B – $160 (7 email exchanges)
Clients can order up to 3 individual Bundles per week—for example, 3 of Bundle A or 3 of Bundle B—or in combinations (such as, 1 of Bundle A and 2 of Bundle B.)
Scheduling of Non-Synchronous Email Sessions
Non-synchronous email exchanges do not have to be scheduled. However, many individuals do opt to schedule their email sessions at certain times, depending on their therapy needs.
- A client can advance schedule to generate their emails on a certain day, or certain days, during the week or month.
- A client can advance schedule to simply generate their number of emails during their week or month without specifying any particular day or days their emails will be sent.
- A client can choose to not schedule their emails at all and to generate emails according to personal needs and goals.
The typical response time to non-synchronous, client-generated email exchanges is within 2 to 3 business days during regular business hours or according to special scheduling arrangements between client and therapist.
Email sessions are not for emergency situations.
We do not currently bill insurance companies. However, we can provide receipts for services for a client to submit to an insurance company for possible reimbursement. Some types of insurance plans do cover varying portions of treatment costs in this way. Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care cannot guarantee that any client will be reimbursed by their insurance company for treatment costs.
Please contact us to discuss reduced rates and need-based payment options.
If you need to cancel a scheduled session, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance. Clients may be charged a fee up to the full session price for a missed or cancelled session if less than 24 hours advance notice is provided.
Notification of the cancellation of an appointment by clients is not considered an email exchange. Clients are never billed for cancellation and rescheduling communications.
Please – do not share confidential or personal information in any communication or message you may leave.
Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care responds to mail, emails, voicemail messages as quickly as possible, typically within two to three business days.
Prices and fees subject to change without notice. Website reflects most current rates. All amounts are U.S. dollars (USD).
All Original Material and Artwork: © 2013-2019 R.P. O’Brien and Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to R.P. O’Brien and Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.