Coaching Waiver & Disclaimer
All coaching services and communications delivered by Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care (CREARTH) and your CREARTH coach, as well as any coaching information shared on this website, are not professional mental health care or medical care. If you should feel psychologically stressed or unwell, especially if it is to the point that it is interfering with your ability to function, and/or feel physically unwell, please seek out the mental health support and/or medical support you may need which can include contacting a doctor, your primary care physician, and/or a psychotherapist, mental health counselor, or other mental health or medical health care professional.
By purchasing coaching services from Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care (CREARTH), you confirm that you have read and agree to each statement below and that you wish to proceed:
- I understand that the coaching services I will be receiving from my Coach are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any mental health or medical conditions. I also understand that my Coach is not acting as a mental health counselor or as a medical professional.
- I understand that at present coaching is an unregulated industry and that coaches are not required to be licensed.
- I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being during my coaching sessions and subsequently including my choices and decisions.
- I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance use and/or abuse treatment, medical treatments and/or diagnoses, and I will not use it in place of any form of therapy or in place of medical care from mental health and/or medical professionals.
- I understand that all comments and ideas offered by my Coach are solely for the purpose of aiding me in achieving my defined goals. I have the ability to give my informed consent and hereby give such consent to my Coach to assist me in achieving such goals.
- I understand that to the extent that our work together involves career or business, my Coach is not promising outcomes including but not limited to increased clientelle, profitability, and/or business success.
- I understand that my Coach will protect my information as confidential unless I state otherwise in writing. If I report child, elder abuse or neglect or threaten to harm myself or someone else, I understand that necessary actions will be taken and my confidentiality agreement limited in this capacity. Furthermore, if my Coach is ordered by a court to provide information or to testify, she will do so to the extent the law requires.
- I understand that the use of technology is not always secure and I accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, video platforms (such as Zoom or Skype), and other technology.
- I hereby release, waive, acquit, and forever discharge my Coach, and agents, successors, assigns, personal representatives, executors, heirs, and employees from every claim, suit, action, demand, or right to compensation for damages I may claim to have or that I may have arising out of acts or omissions by myself or by my Coach as a result of the advice given by my Coach or otherwise resulting from the coaching relationship contemplated by this agreement. I further declare and represent that no promise, inducement, or agreement not expressed in this agreement has been made to me to sign this agreement. This agreement shall bind my heirs, executors, personal representatives, successors, assigns, and agents.
Please – do not share confidential or personal information in any communication or message you may leave.
Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care responds to mail, emails, voicemail messages as quickly as possible, typically within two to three business days.
All Original Material and Artwork: © 2013-2020 R.P. O’Brien and Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to R.P. O’Brien and Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.