The CREARTH Coaching Waiver & Disclosure Statement provides important information about our coaching practice. If you decide you would like to work with us, you will be provided with a copy of the complete CREARTH Coaching Waiver & Disclosure Statement to sign. Read the statement carefully. Sign the CREARTH Coaching Waiver & Disclosure Statement only if you believe you understand what it means. You will be given a copy of the Coaching Waiver & Disclosure Statement, after signing it, to keep for your records. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Coaching Waiver & Disclaimer Summary
By purchasing coaching services from CREARTH, each client confirms that they have read and that they agree to the CREARTH Coaching Disclosure & Waiver Statement, and each of its items, and that they wish to proceed:
- Coaching services are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any mental health or medical conditions. Your CREARTH coach is not acting as a mental health counselor or as a medical professional;
- At present, coaching is an unregulated industry and coaches are not required to be licensed;
- Each client is fully responsible for their well-being during their coaching sessions and subsequently, including their choices and decisions;
- Coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance use and/or abuse treatment, medical treatments and/or diagnoses, and will not be used in place of any form of therapy or in place of medical care from mental health and/or medical professionals;
- Comments and ideas offered by the coach are solely for the purpose of aiding each client in achieving their personally defined goals. Each client is able to and gives their informed consent to their coach to assist them in achieving such goals;
- To the extent that the coach and client work together involves career or business, the coach does not promise outcomes, including but not limited to increased clientelle, profitability, and/or business success;
- The coach will protect client information as confidential unless the client states otherwise in writing. If a client reports child, elder abuse or neglect or threatens to harm themselves or someone else, then necessary actions will be taken and client confidentiality agreement limited in this capacity. Furthermore, if the coach is ordered by a court to provide information or to testify, the coach will do so to the extent the law requires;
- The use of technology is not always secure and clients accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, video platforms (such as Zoom or Skype), and other technology;
All coaching services and communications delivered by Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care (CREARTH) and your CREARTH coach, as well as any coaching information shared on this website, are not professional mental health care or medical care. If you should feel psychologically stressed or unwell, especially if it is to the point that it is interfering with your ability to function, and/or feel physically unwell, please seek out the mental health support and/or medical support you may need which can include contacting a doctor, your primary care physician, and/or a psychotherapist, mental health counselor, or other mental health or medical health care professional.
Please – do not share confidential or personal information in any communication or message you may leave.
Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care responds to mail, emails, voicemail messages as quickly as possible, typically within two to three business days.
All Original Material and Artwork: © 2013-2020 R.P. O’Brien and Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to R.P. O’Brien and Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.