Roselle P. O’Brien,
REAT, ICAT, REACE
I am a humanistic, contemplative creative arts therapist, offering an integrative and holistic approach tailored to the individual needs of my clients. I work holistically, focusing on the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual well-being of each client and their lives as a whole.
My work is narrative and grounded in the power of the client/therapist collaboration to heal and transform lives as we re-author our life stories to uncover new and deeper meanings. My approach as a creative arts therapist is intermodal with music and sound, language arts, and the visual arts as my primary arts areas.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Education, Language Arts and Curriculum Design
- M.F.A. Creative Writing
- B.A. Art/Fine Arts, Education
- Diploma Nursing
- Certificate New England Conservatory of Music Preparatory School, Instrument: Voice
Licensure and Certification
- Registered Expressive Arts Therapist (REAT), International Expressive Arts Therapy Association (IEATA)
- Certified Intermodal Creative Arts Therapist (ICAT)
- Registered Expressive Arts Consultant/Educator (REACE), International Expressive Arts Therapy Association (IEATA)
- Licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as: School Social Worker/School Adjustment Counselor all grades, Teacher of Students with Disabilities grades PreK-8, Visual Arts Teacher grades PreK-9, Elementary Education Teacher grades 1-6
- Certified Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Certified by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care as: Preschool Teacher; Infant/Toddler Teacher
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Alternative & Holistic Healthcare
- Eco-Health Care
- Music, Sound, & Soundscape
My work has been influenced by many talented and inspirational clinicians, artists, and thinkers including:
- Michael White
- Irvin Yalom
- Sherry Reiter – here and here
- Naomi Cumming – here and here
- Gaston Bachelard
- Bhanu Kapil – here and here
- Juhani Pallasmaa
- Peter Zumthor
- Thich Nhat Hanh
- Irle Goldman
- Professor Congzhou Chen (excerpts from his book, On Chinese Gardens, quoted in Stanilaus Fung’s “Movement and Stillness in Ming Writings on Gardens”)
Samples of my artwork in music, visual, and language arts. Explore the gallery
Please – do not share confidential or personal information in any communication or message you may leave.
Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care responds to mail, emails, voicemail messages as quickly as possible, typically within two to three business days.
All Original Material and Artwork: © 2013-2020 R.P. O’Brien and Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to R.P. O’Brien and Creative Arts Therapy & Integrative Care with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.